The Wake County Public School System will offer the following classes through its Lifelong Learning Program. Details: 919-431-7593 or www.wcpss.net/adult-edu.
Athens Drive High School
• Basics of Cooking I: 6:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays, July 9-30, $115.
• Digital Photos and Your Computer: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays, July 10-24, $85.
• Simple Web Page Design: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, July 21-28, $85.
• Author Marketing: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, $55.
Reedy Creek Middle School
• You Can Live in Health in an Unhealthy World: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, July 10-17, $125.
• Get Your Money in Shape: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, $48.
• You Can Live in Health in an Unhealthy World: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 15-22, $125.
• Get Your Money in Shape: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, $48.
Local students earn scholarships
Jordan Nabors of Apex, Rashia Norman of Fuquay-Varina and Alina Schevchenko of Holly Springs earned scholarships from the State Employees Association of North Carolina Scholarship Foundation.
Cary student earns Raytheon-Zumwalt Scholarship
Harrison Ballard of Cary earned Raytheon Company’s first Raytheon-Zumwalt Scholarship. Ballard was chosen for his dedication and academic excellence. He plans to study science at Duke University.
150 Days of Giving
Wake Education Partnership is participating in First Tennessee Foundation’s 150 Days of Giving campaign to donate $5,000 to a different nonprofit each day through Thursday, Aug. 21, in an online voting competition. For details or to vote, go to 150daysofgiving.com.
Photo essay competition
The Cary Photographic Artists will sponsor a photo essay competition for Wake County students in ninth through 12th grade. Cash prizes range from $50 to $150, and the competition will end with an exhibit. For details, go to bit.ly/1kTh4U4.
To enter, choose one of four themes: “America to Me,” “Home Town Pride,” “Student Life” or “Our Natural World.” Send four images for your theme and a paragraph relating your photography to the theme to email@example.com between Monday, Sept. 1, and Thursday, Jan. 15.
Classroom Technology Awards
Wake Electric will accept applications from teachers for the Classroom Technology Awards grant program through Monday, Sept. 15. Grants of up to $3,000 are available. For details or to apply, call 919-863-6312 or 1-800-474-6300, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.wemc.com/classawards.aspx.
Send School Notes to email@example.com.