CARY — It’s another snow day for kids, this time with snow. And commuters might face slick roads on Wednesday.
Cary has seen nine vehicle crashes since snow began to fall Tuesday evening, according to a news release from the town. Two of the crashes resulted in non-life-threatening injuries.
The town’s “A-Team” continued to treat roads overnight. Workers plowed major roads, as well as major streets within some subdivisions.
Here are key openings and closings:
• Wake County schools are canceled Wednesday.
• Cary Town Hall offices are open regular business hours Wednesday.
• Cary’s parks and recreation classes and sports activities scheduled for prior to noon Wednesday are canceled. Most facilities will remain open.
• Solid waste, recycling and yard waste will not be collected in Cary on Wednesday. Wednesday’s collection will be picked up on Thursday. Thursday’s collection will be picked up on Friday, and Friday’s collection will be picked up on Saturday.
• Cary’s Citizens Convenience Center is closed Wednesday.
• Door-to-door C-Tran services will begin at 10 a.m. Wednesday. Fixed-route schedules will operate as usual. C-Tran users can call 919-481-2020 for updates, or download the TransLoc app at http://live.gotriangle.org.