Cary Kildaire Rotary Club
Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
Grandparents support group
Grandparents of kids on the autism spectrum will meet to share information and experiences from 6:30-8 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at the Autism Society of N.C., 505 Oberlin Road, suite 230, Raleigh.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group will meet for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, at The Garden Hut, 1004 Old Honeycutt Road, Fuquay-Varina. Bring a container to make a terrarium. The club will supply dirt and charcoal, and The Garden Hut will sell plants and miniatures. For more information, go to bit.ly/1dqm4aC.
The Carolina G.I.R.L.S. (Girls Inspiring Real Life Success) chapter of Girl Talk will meet from 3:30-5 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at the Rex Healthcare Training Room, 781 Avent Ferry Road, Holly Springs. For details, email Stacey at email@example.com.
Lupus support group
The Lupus Foundation of Americas North Carolina Chapter will host a support group for people with lupus, their families and caregivers from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. For more information, call 877-849-8271, ext. 2, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.lupusnc.org.
Holly Springs Civitan Club
The Holly Springs Civitan Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the Holleman Room of Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. Use the entrance facing Avent Ferry Road. For more information, call 919-346-1675 or go to www.hollyspringscivitan.org.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the groups email list, email email@example.com.
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous provides support, encouragement and information to parents of teens. The group meets on the second and fourth Monday of the month. Call 919-704-6895 or visit www.meetup.com/Cary-PTA for details.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details: carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details: www.carylinatoastmasters.org.
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details: www.apextoastmasters.org or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or go to www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
• The Yates Mill chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution meets at 6:45 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at St. Pauls Episcopal Church, 221 Union St., Cary. All women interested in joining are invited to attend.
• The Asbury Station chapter of the DAR meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. For details, contact Jan Gorham at email@example.com.
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, contact President Rob Moncure at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 6:30 p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. For details, email email@example.com or go to www.hs115.org.
Cary American Legion and Auxiliary
The Cary American Legion and Auxiliary meets for socializing at 6 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. Dinner costs $6.
Ruritan Civic Club
The Ruritan Civic Club meets the second Tuesday of each month with dinner at 7:30 p.m. and a business meeting at 8 p.m. at Good Hope Baptist Church, 6628 Good Hope Church Road, Cary. For details, contact Chris at 336-213-9627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details: www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org.
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details: www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabbas Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 or www.carypagerotary.org.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group will meet to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. Details: email@example.com.
Arthritis, Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia Support Group
An arthritis, chronic pain and fibromyalgia support group meets from 1:30-3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in classroom one at the Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. For details, call 919-387-0080.
Holly Springs Writers Guild
Published and aspiring authors are invited to the Holly Springs Writers Guild from 6-7 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. RSVP at www.meetup.com/Holly-Springs-Writers-Guild.
Cary Playwrights Forum
The Cary Playwrights Forum meets at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second-floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Meetings are open to anyone who is writing a play or interested in learning about writing plays. For information, contact Phil Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.caryplaywrightsforum.org.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Annas Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or email@example.com.
Cary Photographic Artists
The club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
Swift Creek Township Exchange
The Swift Creek Township Exchange club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at Barrys Café, 2851 Jones Franklin Road, Cary.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
• Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
• Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.vfwpost7383.org.
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.