Western Wake Democrats
The Western Wake Democrats will meet for dinner and conversation 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Chris Fitzsimon of N.C. Policy Watch will talk about the N.C. General Assembly at 7 p.m. Make reservations at email@example.com.
Democratic Women of Wake County
The Democratic Women of Wake County will meet 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Speakers will talk about Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Lunch costs $20. To make a reservation, call 919-319-8375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cary American Legion Auxiliary will have a Bunco fundraiser 1-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at 8523 Chapel Hill Road. Admission to the afternoon of Bunco play, raffle baskets, holiday arrangements and prizes is $15. Funds will be given to the USO of N.C. Raleigh-Durham International Airport Center and the Women Veterans Support Services to support local homeless female veterans. To register, call Cindy Emens at 919-465-9170.
Uncork for a Cause
The Cary Junior Woman’s Club fourth annual Uncork for a Cause will be 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at The Halle Cultural Arts Center, 237 N. Salem St., Apex. The club will donate proceeds to Together on Center Stage, an inclusive performing arts program for people of all levels of ability or disability. Tickets cost $30 at uncorkforacause2013.eventbrite.com. For details on Together on Center Stage, go to www.togetheroncenterstage.org.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the group’s email list, email email@example.com.
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous provides support, encouragement and information to parents of teens. The group meets on the second and fourth Monday of the month. Details: 919-704-6895 or www.meetup.com/Cary-PTA.
Western Wake Republican Club
The Western Wake Republican Club meets 6 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at Mahoney’s Pub, 6490 Tryon Road, Cary. Dinner starts 6 p.m., with the meeting 7 p.m. Details: www.westernwakegop.org.
Screenline, a screenwriters’ group, meets 7:30 p.m. the last Monday of the month at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary. For information, contact Mike Everette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet 8-9 a.m. every Monday at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For information, visit carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details: www.carylinatoastmasters.org.
• Apex Toastmasters meet 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Visit www.apextoastmasters.org or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters club meets every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For information, call 919-886-7768 or visit www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email email@example.com.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people who suffer from compulsive overeating, anorexia, bulimia and other food/eating issues, meets 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. Details: www.triangleoa.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details: www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org.
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details: www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: email@example.com.
Apex Rotary Club
The Apex Rotary Club meets 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts 7 p.m. and the main game starts 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.vfwpost7383.org.
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Cary Page Rotary Club
The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 or www.carypagerotary.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group meets monthly. Groups are led by people with MS. For details, call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.