Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, at 602 N. Ennis St. Peggy Jones and Lisa Benzick of Jones Greenhouse will give a presentation about houseplants.
The Triangle Seagals, a group of former or presently serving women of all sea services, will meet at noon Oct. 19 at Perkins restaurant, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-303-8205 or go to sites.google.com/site/triangleseagals.
Apex Historical Society
The Apex Historical Society hosts an open house from 2 to 4 p.m. on the third Sunday of the month at the historic Maynard-Pearson House, 1101 Olive Chapel Road, Apex. Membership in the society is open to anyone interested in preserving, protecting and promoting the history of Apex. For information, contact Shirley Fiorentino at 919-303-2939 or email@example.com.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the groups email list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous provides support, encouragement and information to parents of teens. The group meets on the second and fourth Monday of the month. Call 919-704-6895 for details.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet 8 to 9 a.m. every Monday at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For information, visit carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills 7 to 8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details: www.carylinatoastmasters.org.
• Apex Toastmasters meet 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Visit www.apextoastmasters.org or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters club meets every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or visit www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email email@example.com.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people who suffer from compulsive overeating, anorexia, bulimia and other food/eating issues, meets 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. Details: www.triangleoa.org.
West Raleigh Exchange Club
The West Raleigh Exchange Club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Williams Center at 830 Barringer Drive, Raleigh. For details, call Jim Bowdish at 919-271-6834.
Southern Wake Quilters
The Southern Wake Quilters meet at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in Ransdell Hall, 310 N. Ennis St., Fuquay-Varina. For information, call 919-557-6322.
Hearts of Carolina
Hearts of Carolina, a smocking arts guild, meets at 7 p.m. every third Tuesday at First United Methodist Church, 402 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. For information, call Dottie Vester at 919-552-5797.
Southern Wake Quilters
The Southern Wake Quilters meet at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month in Randsdall Hall, 309 N. Ennis St., Fuquay-Varina. Arrive at 6:45 p.m. to sign in. All levels of quilters are invited. Visitors may attend two meetings without becoming a member. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details: www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org.
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon every Tuesday at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details: www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A local chess club will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at a coffee house/bakery at the corner of Weston Parkway and Harrison Avenue in Cary. Any level of experience is welcome. For details, contact David at 919-901-2352 or email@example.com.
The Cary Blanketeers meet 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of every month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Asbury Station Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. For details, contact Jan Gorham at email@example.com.
Arthritis, Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia Support Group
An arthritis, chronic pain and fibromyalgia support group meets from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in classroom one at the Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. For details, call 919-387-0080.
Cary Playwrights Forum
The Cary Playwrights Forum meets at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second-floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Meetings are open to anyone who is writing a play or interested in learning about writing plays. For information, contact Phil Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.caryplaywrightsforum.org.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band 7 to 8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Annas Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or email@example.com.
Cary Photographic Artists
The club meets 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
Swift Creek Township Exchange
The Swift Creek Township Exchange club meets 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at Barrys Café, 2851 Jones Franklin Road, Cary.
The Apex Lions meet 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888.
• Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
• Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Rotary Club
The Apex Rotary Club meets 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabbas Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts 7 p.m. and the main game starts 8.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary.
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Cary Page Rotary Club
The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 or www.carypagerotary.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group meets monthly. Groups are led by people with MS. Details: Mary Ann, 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.