The Carolina Girls Inspiring Real Life Success (G.I.R.L.S.) Chapter of Girl Talk, a mentoring program for middle-school girls, will meet from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, in the Rex Healthcare Training Room, 781 Avent Ferry Road, Holly Springs. For more information, email Stacey at email@example.com or go to www.mygirltalk.org.
Southern Wake Republican Club
The Southern Wake Republican Club meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month at the large meeting room of Golden Corral, 1420 E. Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. Guests and members will receive a discount on meals and should arrive between 6 and 6:30 p.m. For details, go to www.southernwakegop.com. Club memberships are $25 per person or $40 per family. Donna Williams, chairwoman of the Wake County GOP, will speak at the Tuesday, Sept. 24, meeting.
Western Wake Democrats
The Western Wake Democrats will hold their monthly meeting with a social hour from 6 to 7 p.m. and candidate meet-and-greet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, in the private room at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Municipal candidates for office in Apex, Cary and Morrisville will speak. The meeting is free. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the group’s email list, email email@example.com.
Western Wake Republican Club
The Western Wake Republican Club meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at Mahoney’s Pub, 6490 Tryon Road, Cary. Dinner starts at 6 p.m., with the meeting at 7 p.m. For details, visit www.westernwakegop.org.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. every Monday in Room 200C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For information, visit www.carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7 to 8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. For details, go to www.carylinatoastmasters.org.
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Visit www.apextoastmasters.org or call 919-303-5852 for details.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters club meets every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: http://perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: http://techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at www.salem-bc.org/mops. For information, call 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or visit www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people who suffer from compulsive overeating, anorexia, bulimia and other food or eating issues, meets from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. every Monday at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, visit www.triangleoa.org.
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, contact President Rob Moncure at email@example.com.
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 6:30 p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hs115.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 W. Visit www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org for more information.
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon every Tuesday at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. For details, visit www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A local chess club will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at a coffee house/bakery at the corner of Weston Parkway and Harrison Avenue in Cary. Any level of experience is welcome. For details, contact David at 919-901-2352 or email@example.com.
XYZ Seniors Club
The XYZ Seniors Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place in Bond Park. For details, call Becky Furno at 919-467-8332.
Alzheimer’s support group
An Alzheimer’s family support group will meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex.
Carolina Veterans Support Group
The Carolina Veterans Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the last Wednesday of every month at Cary American Legion and Auxiliary Post 67, 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. The organization raises awareness and solutions for homeless veterans.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band 7-8:45 p.m. every Wednesday at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, call Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lupus Foundation of America, N.C. Chapter
The North Carolina chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America will meet from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at the N.C. Psychiatry Association, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, Suite 250, Raleigh. The meeting is open to people with lupus, their family members and caregivers. For details, contact the LFANC at 877-849-8271 or email@example.com.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Rotary Club
The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. every Thursday at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. For information, call 919-387-1040.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m., and the main game starts 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.caryvfw.org.
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.wordpress.com.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Cary Page Rotary Club
The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. every Friday at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. For information, call 919-522-0104 or go to www.carypagerotary.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking new members. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. For information, email email@example.com or visit www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group meets monthly. Groups are led by people with MS. For details, call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.