Apex Historical Society
The Apex Historical Society hosts an open house 2-4 p.m. every third Sunday of the month at the historic Maynard-Pearson House, 1101 Olive Chapel Road, Apex. Membership in the society is open to anyone interested in preserving, protecting and promoting the history of Apex. For information, contact Shirley Fiorentino at 919-303-2939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Legion Swift Creek Post 530 Fundraiser
The American Legion Swift Creek Post 530 will hold its annual breakfast fundraiser 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, at O’Charley’s, 101 Asheville Ave., Cary. The breakfast is $7 per plate; tickets can be purchased from Post 530 members or at the door.
The Carolina Girls Inspiring Real Life Success Chapter of Girl Talk, a mentoring program for middle-school girls, will meet from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, in the Rex Healthcare Training Room, 781 Avent Ferry Road, Holly Springs. Details: Stacey, email@example.com or www.mygirltalk.org.
Peak City Exchange Club
The Peak City Exchange Club of Apex meets 6:30 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month at The Loft at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. The club supports child-abuse prevention projects, community service, youth and Americanism projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.nationalexchangeclub.org.
Cary Lions Club
The Cary Lions Club meets the first and third Monday of each month at D&S Cafeteria, 1177 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Contact Jim Irvin at email@example.com or 919-467-2719.
Loose Threads Teen ASG Sewing Group
The Loose Threads sewing group for teens meets from 7 to 9 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month in room 312 at St. Francis United Methodist Church, 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For information, call 919-362-8722.
Cub Scout Pack 316
Cub Scout Pack 316 will meet from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. every third Monday of the month at St. Andrews Church, 3008 Old Raleigh Road, Apex. The pack will host a membership drive on Monday, Sept. 16. For details, call Matt Burke, assistant cub master, at 919-641-0140 or go to www.pack316.com.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. every Monday in room 200C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For information, visit carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7 to 8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. For details, go to www.carylinatoastmasters.org.
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Visit www.apextoastmasters.org or call 919-303-5852 for details.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters club meets every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays in the second floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. For information, call 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or visit www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people who suffer from compulsive overeating, anorexia, bulimia and other food/eating issues, meets from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. every Monday at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, visit www.triangleoa.org.
West Raleigh Exchange Club
The West Raleigh Exchange Club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Williams Center at 830 Barringer Drive, Raleigh. For details, call Jim Bowdish at 919-271-6834.
Southern Wake Quilters
The Southern Wake Quilters meet at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month in Ransdell Hall, 310 N. Ennis St., Fuquay-Varina. For information, call 919-557-6322.
Hearts of Carolina
Hearts of Carolina, a smocking arts guild, meets at 7 p.m. every third Tuesday at First United Methodist Church, 402 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. For information, call Dottie Vester at 919-552-5797.
Southern Wake Republican Club
The Southern Wake Republican Club meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month at the large meeting room of Golden Corral, 1420 E. Broad St, Fuquay-Varina. Guests and members will receive a discount on meals and should arrive between 6 and 6:30 p.m. For details, go to www.southernwakegop.com. Club memberships are $25 per person or $40 per family. Donna Williams, chairwoman of the Wake County GOP, will speak at the Tuesday, Sept. 24, meeting.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Visit www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org for more information.
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon every Tuesday at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. For details, visit www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of every month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. Details: email@example.com.
The Asbury Station Chapter of the DAR meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. For details, contact Jan Gorham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arthritis, Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia Support Group
An arthritis, chronic pain and fibromyalgia support group meets from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in classroom one at the Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. For details, call 919-387-0080.
Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum meets at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second-floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Meetings are open to anyone who is writing a play or interested in learning about writing plays. For information, contact Phil Lewis at email@example.com, or visit www.caryplaywrightsforum.org.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, call Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Western Wake Democrats
The Western Wake Democrats will hold their monthly meeting with a social hour from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and candidate meet-and-greet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, in the private room at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Municipal candidates for office in Apex, Cary and Morrisville will speak. The meeting is free. RSVP to email@example.com.
Cary Photographic Artists
The club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
Swift Creek Township Exchange
The Swift Creek Township Exchange club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at Barry’s Café, 2851 Jones Franklin Road, Cary.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888.
• Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
• Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club meets at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at 602 N. Ennis St.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Rotary Club
The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. every Thursday at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. For information, call 919-387-1040.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m., and the main game starts 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.vfwpost7383.org.
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
School bond referendum discussion
Dr. Jim Merrill, superintendent of the Wake County Public School System, will discuss the proposed school bond referendum at noon Friday, Sept. 27, at the NCSU University Club, 4300 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Lunch reservations, which must be made by Monday, Sept. 23, are $16 per person at www.lwvwake.org
Cary Page Rotary Club
The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. every Friday at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. For information, call 919-522-0104 or go to www.carypagerotary.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Send Club Notes to email@example.com.