Fuquay-Varina Farmers Market
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 3-6 p.m. at Centennial Square on the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. Details: www. growers-market.org.
Pickin in the Pines Bluegrass Series: Swift Creek
The band Swift Creek will perform as part of the Pickin in the Pines Bluegrass Series from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Tickets are $5 for adults, free for ages 12 and under. For tickets, go to the box office or www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1743537.
Zero Dark Thirty at The Halle
The Halle Cultural Arts Center will present a free screening of the movie Zero Dark Thirty at 7:30 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex.
Family Fun Night at Bass Lake
Kids can participate in free activities at Bass Lake from 6 to 8 p.m. at 900 Bass Lake Road, Holly Springs. There will be arts and crafts from 6 to 7 p.m. and singing, storytelling and a magic show from 7 to 8 p.m. Bring a picnic. For details, call 919-557-2496.
Lage Raho Munna Bhai Movie Night
The movie Lage Raho Munna Bhai, in Hindi with English subtitles, will be shown at dusk, around 8 p.m., at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Admission costs $3; free for kids ages 12 and under.
Movies in the Park: The Adventures of Tintin
The Adventures of Tintin will be shown for free at sundown in Falcon Park, 611 E. Academy St., Fuquay-Varina. Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
The band Barleycorn & Rye will perform a free concert at 7 p.m. at the corner of Kildaire Farm Road and Academy Street across from the Cary Arts Center. The event is part of Carys outdoor performers concert series. For details, call 919-469-4061.
Super Fun Saturdays
The Halle Cultural Arts Center will present a free sneak peek of upcoming art camps from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex. Drop by to make arts and crafts and play games. Parents must accompany their children.
Senior Game Day
Fuquay-Varinas Senior Game Day for ages 55 and older will be from 5 to 6 p.m. at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. Bring games to share and teach others.
Year of Community Celebration Weekend
The Morrisville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department presents the Year of Community Celebration Weekend beginning at 5:30 p.m. at Morrisville Community Park, 1520 Morrisville Parkway. Food trucks, music and other activities will begin at 5:30 p.m. The movie Wreck it Ralph will be shown about 7:30 p.m. The weekend celebration will continue with Morrisville Climb Day from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, at Triangle Rock Club, 102 Pheasant Wood Court, with $9 drop-in rock climbing sessions.
Hugh Willard, author of The Goodwill Vultures Club, will sign copies of his book from 3 to 5 p.m. at The Halle Cultural Arts Center, 237 N. Salem St., Apex. Willard is a writer and psychotherapist who lives in Holly Springs.
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 301 S. Academy St., Cary. For details, go to www. caryfarmersmarket.com.
• The Western Wake Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, go to www.westernwakefarmersmarket.org.
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, go to www.hollyspringsnc.us.
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, visit www.apexfarmersmarket.com.
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Centennial Square, corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visit www. growers-market.org.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.