Cary — • The Applause! Cary Youth Theatre and Cary Town Band will perform starting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 3, at Sertoma Amphitheatre in Bond Park, 801 High House Road.
• The annual Independence Day Olde Time Celebration will begin at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, July 4, at Bond Park, 801 High House Road. Events include a fishing tournament, a bike, trike, stroller and wagon parade, and family contests.
• A retirement ceremony of unserviceable U.S. flags will be performed at noon Thursday, July 4, at Cary VFW Post 7383, 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Old flags may be dropped off at Post 7383 from 1-5 p.m. any day of the week. For details, call 919-467-1188 or visit www.caryvfw.org.
• An Independence Day celebration will be from 3 to 10 p.m. Thursday, July 4, at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway. The Cary Town Band and the N.C. Symphony will perform. The event will feature boats from the Capital Model Boat Club, family contests, childrens activities and a ferris wheel. Bring blankets and chairs.
• Del Bianco Prosthetics and Orthotics will present Run for Liberty, a 5K and one-mile fun run, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, July 6, at WakeMed Soccer Park, 201 Soccer Park Drive, Cary. The 5K run will begin at 9 a.m. Registration is $25 for the 5K and $10 for the fun run; amputees can race for free. Prizes will be awarded to top finishers in various gender, age and amputee categories. Proceeds will be donated to the Amputee Coalition. For details, visit www.delbiancopo.com. To register, visit www.active.com.
• Fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 3, at Morrisville Community Park, 1520 Morrisville Parkway. Bring chairs, blankets, drinks and snacks. Glass containers, coolers and alcohol are not allowed.
• The annual Independence Day pancake breakfast will be from 8 to 10 a.m. Thursday, July 4, at Fire Station 1, 200 Town Hall Drive. Advance tickets are $3 for adults and $1 for children; prices increase by $2 the day of the breakfast. Tickets are limited. For details, visit www.townofmorrisville.org.
• The annual Olde Fashioned Fourth of July celebration will begin at 9 a.m. Thursday, July 4, in downtown Apex. Events include kids activities and games, a bike, wagon and scooter parade, and a fire department splash down.
• An Independence Day celebration will begin at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 3, at South Park, 820 S. Main St. There will be vendors, music, free inflatable rides and fireworks.
• The annual Independence Day celebration will be from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, July 5, at Sugg Farm Park, 2401 Grigsby Ave. Events include musical entertainment, vendors, childrens activities and family games. Fireworks will begin at 9:15 p.m.