Historian Grover Proctor Jr. will lead a discussion about the impact of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and how this event shapes the nation 50 years later at 2 p.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. For details, call 919-387-2100.
Amateur Radio Field Day
The Raleigh Amateur Radio Society will hold its annual field day at 2 p.m. at Carroll Farm, 4501 Friendship Road, Apex. Raleigh and Wake County ham radio operators will join thousands of other amateur radio operators to demonstrate emergency communications. Participants will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the radio operators. For details, visit www.rars.org/field.php.
Artist Larry Soltzenberg will discuss stained glass at 4 p.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. To register, call 919-387-2100.
Cary Farmers Market
The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 2 to 6 p.m. at 301 S. Academy St. For details, visit caryfarmersmarket.com.
Fuquay-Varina Farmers Market
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3 to 6 p.m. at Centennial Square on the corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visit growers-market.org.
Teen Geology: Rocks and Their Stories
Dr. Randy Bechtel from the North Carolina Geological Survey will teach teens in grades 6 to 10 about rocks from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex.
Friday Night Fun
Barnes & Noble Booksellers will hold a “Friday Night Fun” event for children ages 3 to 6 at 7 p.m. at 760 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. The event will be hands-on learning with “Leap Frog Letter Factory.”
• The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 301 S. Academy St., Cary. For details, visit caryfarmersmarket.com.
• The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at 1225 Morrisville-Carpenter Road, Cary. For details, visit www.westernwakefarmersmarket.org.
• The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in downtown Holly Springs. For details, visit www.hollyspringsnc.us.
• The Apex Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. For details, visit www.apexfarmersmarket.com.
• The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Centennial Square, corner of North Main and East Academy streets. For details, visit growers-market.org.
Lake Crabtree will host its first Pollinator Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1400 Aviation Parkway, Morrisville. There will be games, crafts, guest speakers and activities celebrating pollinators. For details, call 919-662-2850.
Cary resident Lauren Boyd will hold a book signing of her debut contemporary romance novel, “Baking Love” from 2 to 5 p.m. at Stevens Book Shop, 6700 Old Wake Forest Road, Raleigh.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.