Father’s Day service
Holland Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church will celebrate Father’s Day with a service at 10 a.m. Sunday, June 16, at 360 Burgess Road, Apex. The Rev. Cecil Wilson of Harris Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Siler City will be the guest speaker. The Men’s Rally will be held following the service. For details, call 919-362-7831.
Ambassador Presbyterian Church will hold a Bible study for women titled “James: Mercy Triumphs” from 7 to 9 p.m. Mondays, June 17 through Aug. 5, at 1010 Schieffelin Road, Apex. To register, call 919-249-0230 or visit Ambassadorpres.org.
‘Lunches by the Lake’
Ambassador Presbyterian Church will serve “Lunches by the Lake” from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, June 21 and 28, at 1010 Schieffelin Road, Apex. Lunch is $4, and dessert is $1. Proceeds will support the church’s Appalachia mission trip in July. For details, call 919-249-0230 or visit Ambassadorpres.org.
Cancer support group
A cancer support group meets the third Monday of each month from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the parlor at Colonial Baptist Church, 6051 Tryon Road, Cary. For details, call Phyllis Travers at 919-233-0355.
Starfish support group
The Starfish Group, a support group for anyone who has been sexually abused or knows anyone who has been sexually abused, meets every third Thursday of the month from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center at Gateway Church, 201 Meadow Drive, Fuquay-Varina. Attendees must be at least 18 years old. For details, email Starfishgroup@ymail.com or visit www.gatewaychurchnc.org.
Vacation Bible school
• Woodhaven Baptist Church will hold vacation Bible school for children ages 3 to rising sixth-graders from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, June 16, to Thursday, June 20, at 4000 Kildaire Farm Road, Apex. Dinner will be served at 5:15 p.m. every night. Reservations are required. To register, call 919-362-0127 or visit www.woodhaven.org.
• Apex Baptist Church will hold vacation Bible school for children in preschool through fifth-grade from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, June 23, to Thursday, June 27; and 9 a.m. to noon Monday, June 24, to Friday, June 28, at 110 S. Salem St., Apex. A family fun night for all vacation bible school participants, family and friends will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 28. Registration is required and ends Sunday, June 9. To register, visit www.apexbaptist.org.
• White Plains United Methodist Church will hold vacation Bible school from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, July 15 to Friday, July 19, at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. Cost is $15, with a family maximum of $40. For details, call 919-467-9394 or visit www.wpumc.com/children.
Family summer events
White Plains United Methodist Church will host several summer events for families:
• 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 26: Family game night.
• Thursday, July 4: Fireworks at the Durham Bulls Game. An area will be reserved.
• 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, August 11: “Picnic In the Park” at the Kiwanis Shelter at Bond Park.
• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, August 25: Fall kickoff with pig pickin’.
The church is located at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. For details, call 919-467-9394 or visit www.wpumc.com.
White Plains United Methodist Church will hold a Bridge Mission Camp for children in grades four through eight from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, July 1, to Friday, July 5, at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. Each day, the youth will participate in a local missions project such as Meals on Wheels or Stop Hunger Now, and afternoons will include fellowship activities. Cost is $80. To sign up, contact Rob Phillips at email@example.com or visit www.wpumc.org.
“Color Your World With Words,” a writing camp for kids ages 8 to 12, will be from Monday, July 15, to Friday, July 19, at Peace Presbyterian Church, 1777 W. Chatham St., Cary. There will be games, stories, poems, lemonade breaks, interviews and time for writing. On Thursday, the campers will take a field trip to the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, followed by a hot dog lunch at Ashworth Drugs. Cost is $150 and includes all supplies. There is a $10 discount for those who register by Saturday, June 15. To register, contact Katharine Parrish at 919-267-1924 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly Springs United Methodist Church hosts “There is a Solution” Alcoholics Anonymous group meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at 108 Avent Ferry Road.
AWANA for children in kindergarten through fifth grade meets at 6:45 p.m. every Wednesday at North Cary Baptist Church, 505 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. For details, call 919-469-8023.
The Knights of Columbus Council 12119 hosts a jackpot bingo at 7 p.m. every Thursday at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food and beverages are available. For details, contact Al Munno at 919-557-7718 or Sonny Butler at 845-797-0830.
Celebrate Recovery for Women
Celebrate Recovery for Women meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at North Cary Baptist Church, 505 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. The group helps women with hurting, hang-ups and habits. For details, call 919-469-8023.
Send church listings to email@example.com.