First United Methodist Church will hold Griefshare classes from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, June 9 through Aug. 29, in Room 125 at 117 S. Academy St., Cary. The group will not meet on July 4. Cost is $15 and includes a Griefshare workbook. To register, call 919-467-1861.
Summer family recreation program
Fuquay-Varina Presbyterian Church will hold a family recreation program titled “Friday Night Lites” at 6:30 p.m. every Friday in the summer at 310 N. Ennis St. Dinner will be served. To make reservations, contact Chrissy at email@example.com.
Single adults worship night
Hope Community Church will hold its monthly worship night for single adults from 7 to 9:15 p.m. Friday, June 14, at 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. There will be a potluck dinner (bring an item to share), social time, live worship and a message geared toward singles. Greg Belcher will speak on “Live Like You Were Dying: Finding Meaning Beyond the Monotony of Life.” For details, call 919-532-0620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sisters in Support
Sisters in Support, a breast cancer support group for women who have had breast cancer or are currently undergoing treatment, meets at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at the White Plains United Methodist Church Christian Life Center, 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. For information, call L. Heathcoat at 919-467-9394, ext. 261, or 919-467-9394.
Raleigh Christian Women’s Connection
The Raleigh Christian Women’s Connection meets the third Tuesday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Cost is $16; a nursery is available. To RSVP, call 919-337-8003 or email email@example.com.
Saint Francis United Methodist Church, 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary, will hold worship services at 10:30 a.m. beginning Sunday, June 9, during the summer. Sunday school will be from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. For questions, call 919-362-4107.
Family summer events
White Plains United Methodist Church will host several summer events for families:
• 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, June 9: Summer kickoff with hymns and homemade ice cream.
• 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 26: Family game night.
• Thursday, July 4: Fireworks at the Durham Bulls Game. An area will be reserved.
• 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, August 11: “Picnic In the Park” at the Kiwanis Shelter at Bond Park.
• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, August 25: Fall kickoff with pig pickin’.
The church is located at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. For details, call 919-467-9394 or visit www.wpumc.com.
Vacation Bible school
• First Baptist Church of Fuquay-Varina will host vacation Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, June 10, to Friday, June 14, at 105 N. West St., Fuquay-Varina. A meal will be provided. For details, call 919-552-9150.
• Woodhaven Baptist Church will hold vacation Bible school for children ages 3 to rising sixth-graders from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, June 16, to Thursday, June 20, at 4000 Kildaire Farm Road, Apex. Dinner will be served at 5:15 p.m. every night. Reservations are required. To register, call 919-362-0127 or visit www.woodhaven.org.
• Apex Baptist Church will hold vacation Bible school for children in preschool through fifth-grade from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, June 23, to Thursday, June 27; and 9 a.m. to noon Monday, June 24, to Friday, June 28, at 110 S. Salem St., Apex. A family fun night for all vacation bible school participants, family and friends will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 28. Registration is required and ends Sunday, June 9. To register, visit www.apexbaptist.org.
• White Plains United Methodist Church will hold vacation Bible school from 9 a.m. to noon July 15-19 at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. Cost is $15, with a family maximum of $40. For details, call 919-467-9394 or visit www.wpumc.com/children.
Summer youth programs
White Plains United Methodist Church will hold Wednesday summer programs for youth in grades six through 12 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. beginning June 12 in the youth room at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. For information, visit www.wpumc.com/youth.
White Plains United Methodist Church will hold a Bridge Mission Camp for children in grades four through eight from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, July 1, to Friday, July 5, at 313 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary. Each day, the youth will participate in a local missions project such as Meals on Wheels or Stop Hunger Now, and afternoons will include fellowship activities. Cost is $80. To sign up, contact Rob Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wpumc.org.
“Color Your World With Words,” a writing camp for kids ages 8 to 12, will be from Monday, July 15, to Friday, July 19, at Peace Presbyterian Church, 1777 W. Chatham St., Cary. There will be games, stories, poems, lemonade breaks, interviews and time for writing. On Thursday, the campers will take a field trip to the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, followed by a hot dog lunch at Ashworth Drugs. Cost is $150 and includes all supplies. There is a $10 discount for those who register by Saturday, June 15. To register, contact Katharine Parrish at 919-267-1924 or email@example.com.
Send church listings to firstname.lastname@example.org.