Published: Mar 05, 2013 02:38 PM
Modified: Mar 05, 2013 05:20 PM
CARY - Two men whom police first arrested in January each face more than 50 counts of breaking and entering, larceny and attempted breaking and entering after police filed numerous arrest warrants Monday.
All of the incidents involve small businesses.
Nicolas Robert Losito, 23, of 1927 Pinetuck Court and Brian Dylan Johnson, 27, 129 Canyon Run have been held at the Wake County Detention Center in Raleigh since police first charged them Jan. 17 after stopping their car.
Charges have ben mounting since then, and Capt. Don Hamilton, head of the Cary police Investigations Division, said he had had numerous contacts from other police and the Wake County Sheriff’s Office about break-ins that they are investigating and suspect could be linked to the two men.
“I don’t think I’ve ever had so many calls from other agencies” on one case, Hamilton said.
Cary police served warrants Tuesday that listed nine breaking and entering charges, nine larceny charges and nine counts of attempted breaking and entering against Losito.
Those charges go back as far as Dec. 17.
At the same time, Cary police charged Johnson with nine break-ins, nine larcenies and 11 attempted break-ins, arrest warrants showed.
Altogether, according to online arrest reports, Losito faced a total of 24 breaking and entering charges, 17 larceny charges and 13 attempted breaking and entering charges, and he was being held on a total bail of $535,000.
Johnson, who was being held on $1.2 million bail, faces 30 breaking and entering charges, 21 larceny charges and 13 attempted breaking and entering charges.
Hamilton said the two did not always work together.
The break-ins usually involved entering the businesses by a rear door and taking relatively small amounts of cash, police said.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.