• A guest of the Embassy Suites in Cary reported a Playstation 3 and six games stolen from his room on Dec. 31. An investigation is ongoing.
• A Cary resident reported her Ford Fusion stolen from the 100 block of Luxon Place on Jan. 1. Police found the vehicle with a broken window the next day.
• Cary police have charged Kenneth Scott Schaper with felony strangulation, two counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of injury to personal property following a domestic argument, police reports state. The 51-year-old suspect is accused of strangling a woman while forcing her to a bed, then punching holes in a wall, according to police reports. Schaper is a resident of 1318 Richmond Court.
• Vadico Candido Da Silva is accused of making an unwanted advance and fondling a person who he knew prior to the accusation. Da Silva, 38, is a resident of 310B Cheswick Place, according to police reports.
• Police received reports of forcible-entry burglaries at the following locations between Dec. 31 and Jan. 6: the Five Guys restaurant at 712 S.E. Maynard Road; Planet Smoothie, at 90 Cornerstone Drive; Treasure Trove, at 1105 Walnut St.; Wellington Animal Hospital, at 6400 Tryon Road; Fish Room at 1259 Kildaire Farm Road; and residences on the 400 block of Harlon Drive; the 3600 block of SW Cary Parkway; the 100 block of Bonnell Court; the 100 block of Abbott Lane; and the 100 block of Haversham Court.
• Police received a report of an attempted unforced-entry burglary at Studio Plus, at 600 Weston Parkway, on Jan. 1.