Published: Oct 23, 2012 06:00 PM
Modified: Oct 23, 2012 10:52 AM
• A Cary man was arrested Oct. 17 on charges that he drunkenly broke a speed-limit sign with his car and left the scene of the crime. Police found the destroyed sign next to a red car bumper near the intersection of Lake Grove Boulevard and Riversville Court, then quickly found a bumper-less Hyundai Elantra at a home a mile away. Sarabpreet Sarkaria, 34, answered the door at 705 Hewespoint Court, then admitted that he had driven the car into the sign, according to police reports. Sarkaria was cited for driving while impaired and hit-and-run.
• A Cary man reported he was the victim of a fraud on Oct. 9. He said he received a check for $1,980 and a letter telling him that he could be a “secret shopper” if he cashed the check and sent $1,780 to an account in the Philippines. The check turned out to be fraudulent, and the man ended up with an empty bank account, police reports state.
• Cary police on Oct. 16 arrested a second suspect in the Sept. 28 robbery of a 15-year-old Cary High School student. Nazario Velazquez-Morales, 17, is charged with felony common law robbery for the alleged robbery, which happened near the school. The suspect, of 100 Anderson Court in Cary, is listed on reports as a student, but it’s unclear where he attends school.
• Cary police on Oct. 16 arrested Obed Morales-Lopez on charges of felony larceny from an automobile in connection with an attempted truck break-in. Police haven’t said how they linked Morales-Lopez to the crime.
• A Cary woman said her 2009 Ducati Monster motorcycle, valued at $5,000, was stolen from her apartment complex on the 3000 block of Grande Valley Circle. The crime occurred on the night of Oct. 17 or the next morning, reports state.
• Cary police received a report that an unforced-entry burglary occurred between Sept. 19 and Oct. 18 on the 1000 block of Terrastone Place.
• Cary police received a report that a forcible-entry burglary occurred on the 100 block of E. Chatham St. at about 8 p.m. Oct. 19.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.