Published: Aug 21, 2012 06:00 PM
Modified: Aug 20, 2012 04:45 PM
• Police charged two Cary teenagers and a 41-year-old Raleigh man in a prostitution incident, according to police reports. Three Cary police officers arrived at the Red Roof Inn at 1800 Walnut St. just after midnight on Aug. 14 to follow up on a tip from a night clerk, according to reports. When the officers knocked on the room door, they found Dharmender Rai, 41, with Briana Saliani, 18, of 103 Beasley Court, and Brooklyn Sekel, 17, of 102 McIintosh Court, police reports state.
Upon questioning, the suspects admitted that Rai had solicited prostitution from Saliani and Sekel, according to police reports; police also found lubrication, lingerie and condoms at the scene, reports state. The Cary Police Department cited the teens for prostitution and Rai, of 3320 Queensland Road, for solicitation of prostitution.
Gayle Saliani, a woman related to Briana Saliani, said that the police report contained “incorrect information” but declined to give further details before hanging up during a phone interview. Rai referred comment to his attorney, who couldn’t be reached for comment. Neither Salek nor her family could be reached for comment.
The accused women are high school students, according to police reports; the reports don’t list an employer for Rai. All three are set for an Oct. 9 court date for the misdemeanor charges. Briana Saliani also has a pending charge that she drove while impaired earlier this summer.
• Cary police arrested a 27-year-old woman for drunkenly assaulting a police officer at the Umstead Resort and Spa, according to police reports. It is unclear if Kristen Fulghum, 27, was staying at the hotel. She reportedly kicked and grabbed an officer after insulting a taxi driver, reports state. Fulghum, 27, of 104 Ornsby Court, was charged with second-degree trespassing, assault on a law-enforcement officer and drunk and disruptive behavior.
• Cole Magdefrau, 20, of Raleigh was charged for embezzling about $2,000 as an employee of Payless ShoeSource from early June until Aug. 13, police reports state.
• Duke Energy has reported $10,000 of copper stolen from its property on the 7000 block of Carpenter Fire Station Road on Aug. 16, according to police reports. The copper was mounted on two large reels.
• Cary police charged a Robbins man with felony drug possession and concealing a weapon after a traffic stop on U.S. 1 on Aug. 17. After stopping Paul McCrimmon for driving 70 mph in a 55 mph zone, police found 1.5 ounces of marijuana, a stun gun, a digital scale and one generic pharmaceutical, according to police reports.
Police charged McCrimmon, 16, of Robbins, with felony possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a concealed weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
Police also charged Amory Penn, 24, of 801 Bryn Mawr Court in Apex, with the felony drug charge and possession of paraphernalia.
• Two Toyota Corollas were reported stolen from the Brook Arbor apartment complex in west Cary on the night of Aug. 16. Police found no broken glass or tire marks on the scene, according to reports. The separately owned vehicles were the third and fourth early 2000s Toyota Corollas to be stolen in west Cary this year.Compiled by Staff Writer Andrew Kenney
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.