Published: Aug 18, 2012 06:00 PM
Modified: Aug 17, 2012 05:32 PM
• Cary police suspect multiple thieves stole seven HVAC air-conditioning units from buildings near the 200 block of Town Village Drive. Police reports valued some of the units at $6,000 each; police discovered the crimes on Aug. 8.
• A local coffee shop employee was charged with possession of a stolen license plate after police found his roommate’s tags on his Kia, according to police reports. Andrew Hatfield, of 5704 South Valley Court in Raleigh, said he didn’t know how the Rhode Island tag got onto his car, reports state. Cary police found the car and the missing tag at the Caribou Coffee on Cary Parkway, according to reports.
• A $350 gas pump was taken from a construction site on the 6900 block of Green Hope School Road between Aug. 3 and Aug. 6.
• A property owner reported three storm drain covers stolen from the Crossroads Shopping Center on Aug. 3, according to police reports. The covers, valued at $230 each, often are sold as scrap metal.
• Cary police received reports of unforced-entry burglaries at the following locations between Aug. 5 and Aug. 12: the 2300 block of Lakeside View Court, the 200 block of Old Pros Way and the 200 block of Covington Square Drive.
• Cary police received reports of forcible entry burglaries at the following locations between Aug. 5 and Aug. 12: the 7400 block of Carpenter Fire Station Road, the 100 block of Orchard Park Drive, the 200 block of Poplar Street, the 100 block of Stone Street and the 7000 block of Copperleaf Place.Compiled by Staff Writer Andrew Kenney
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.