Published: Jul 31, 2012 06:00 PM
Modified: Jul 30, 2012 03:38 PM
• Police accused Melissa Shay, 22, of falsely reporting her car stolen after she crashed it on July 23. According to police reports, Shay’s 2011 Mazda 3i ran off the road at the intersection of West Chatham Street and Cary Parkway; she reported it stolen, and Cary police officers located the wreck shortly thereafter, according to police reports. After finding Shay’s car keys near her person, and collecting witness accounts, police charged Shay, of 216 Kilbreck Lane, with misdemeanor counts of filing a false police report and leaving the scene of a crash.
• A woman was arrested outside the bar Pure Gold in downtown Cary for drug possession July 22. She reportedly threw baggies of drugs onto the ground while walking backwards away from a police officer who had approached her, according to police documents. Carrie Jean Kaspar, 32, of 102 Lasky Court, faces a felony cocaine possession charge and misdemeanor charges for marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession.
• Someone drove a car in circles on the Panther Creek High School football field, according to police reports. School officials reported $1,000 of damage on July 24.
• The Cary Police Department received reports of forcible-entry burglaries at the following locations between July 23 and July 30: the 300 block of Wax Myrtle Court; the 300 block of Stonecroft Lane; and the 7400 block of Carpenter Fire Station Road.
• The Cary Police Department received no reports of unforced-entry burglaries between July 23 and July 30.Compiled by Staff Writer Andrew Kenney
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.