Published: Jul 18, 2012 03:16 PM
Modified: Jul 18, 2012 03:17 PM
• A Cary woman faces a felony charge following her attempted theft of a $44 sundress on July 9, according to police reports. Pratti Giri, 24, of 821 Appledown Drive, is accused of felony larceny for tampering with an anti-theft device on the clothing, reports state.
• Rishi Nitin Patel, 24, is accused of felonious possession of 1.5 ounces of marijuana on a street corner, according to police reports. An officer approached Patel after smelling the drug near the intersection of Old Weatherstone Way and Lathbury Landing Way in the early-morning hours of July 10, according to police reports. Patel, of 3106 Bevington Hills Court, was charged with felony possession of the drug with intent to sell and deliver; misdemeanor possession of a prescription drug; and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Maynard Road Laundromat was the victim of a botched burglary, according to police reports. The intruders broke a door and a change machine, according to police reports. No money was reported stolen, but the business claimed $250 of damage to a fan and the change machine, reports state.
• Shell Quality Mart 20 was the site of a robbery on Saturday night, according to police reports. An unidentified suspect indicated that he had a gun and took an undisclosed sum from the business at 1611 Walnut St. in the early hours of July 14. Police reports describe the suspect as a white or light-skinned Hispanic male wearing grey sweatpants, a white T-shirt, white tennis shoes and a towel or shirt on his head. Police expected to release photos of the suspect this week.
• The Rent-A-Center at 970 Kildaire Farm Road reported a case of fraud: A customer rented two televisions and a couch, valued collectively at $5,000, and never returned them.
• The Cary Police Department received reports of unforced-entry burglaries at the following locations: the 300 block of Commons Walk Circle on the night of July 10; and the 1400 block of Buck Jones Road the night of July 14.
• The Cary Police Department received reports of forcible entry burglaries at the following locations between July 9 and July 16: the 400 block of East Chatham Street; the 5000 block of Blue Jack Oak Drive; and the 1400 block of S.E. Maynard Road.Compiled by Staff Writer Andrew Kenney.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.