Published: May 01, 2012 06:00 PM
Modified: Apr 30, 2012 05:30 PM
• McQueen Construction reported $1000 of steel stolen from a construction lot at 6149 Tryon Road on April 23. Police suspect more than one person was involved in the theft.
• A prostitution sting on April 24 ended with a woman’s arrest for felony possession of cocaine and heroin, according to police reports. The Cary Police Department received an anonymous tip that someone was soliciting prostitution business at a hotel at 600 Weston Parkway. Upon arrival at the suspect’s room, police found personal-use quantities of the drugs in plain view. Kristen Ashley Smith, 27, no address given, faces two felony drug charges, but no solicitation charge, reports state.
• A Cary man reported that someone destroyed three of his beehives. Genao Hernandez told police that an unknown person or persons threw rocks and wood at his active hives at 2861 Jones Franklin Road, knocking them over sometime between April 22 and April 29.
• Cary police arrested Aaron James Nishikawa, 34, on April 26 on a charge that he took indecent liberties with a minor. Nishikawa is a resident of 528 Forest Wind Way.
• The staff of Pure Gold Cary reported that an unknown person used a counterfeit $20 bill to pay for drinks sometime between noon and 7 p.m. on Monday, April 23.Apex
• A vehicle was forcibly entered on the 1000 block of Beaver Creek Commons Drive April 18. A mp3 player and CD player were taken.
• An unsecured vehicle was entered on the 100 block of Healthplex Way April 21. Two loaded pistols were taken.
• An unsecured vehicle was entered on the 3000 block of Hambridge Court April 22. An iPod was taken. .Fuquay-Varina
• A resident of Raleigh reported being the victim of identity theft between March 23 and March 30. The suspect found the victim’s debit card and changed the pin number at Wells Fargo Bank at 135 N. Main St. The card was then used to make fraudulent purchases.
• A vehicle was forcibly entered on the 100 block of Baytree Street by breaking a back window April 15 and April 16. A CD player, drivers license, diapers and cigarettes were taken.
• An unsecured vehicle was entered on the 400 block of N. Harrison Place between April 16 and April 17. Two laptop computers and a Bluetooth device were taken.Holly Springs
• A resident of Carolina Town Lane reported being the victim of fraud between Feb. 19 and April 17. A fraudulent tax return was filed using the victim’s personal information.
• An explicit photo was sent to a cell phone belonging to a resident of Streamwood Drive April 20. Police determined the photo was sent as a mistake to the suspect’s entire contact list. The victim’s phone number may have previously belonged to an acquaintance of the suspect, police reported.Compiled by staff writer Andy Kenney and correspondent Kevin Norris
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.