Published: May 07, 2008 08:31 PM
Modified: May 07, 2008 08:29 PM
HONOLULU - A prosecutor says a man charged in the death of a North Carolina man who was visiting Hawaii had been warned as a juvenile in a similar assault.
The Honolulu prosecutor's office said the earlier assault by Less Schnabel Jr. will be used in his trial next month. He is charged with manslaughter in the death of Christopher Reuther.
Schnabel is accused of punching Reuther in the side of the head in an unprovoked assault April 22, 2007. Reuther died two days later.
Deputy prosecutor Darrell Wong said Schnabel knew his conduct could cause serious injury or death because of a 2002 assault when he was 17. The victim in that case suffered severe eye injuries.
Reuther was being recruited to attend law school in Hawaii.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.