Published: May 18, 2007 06:00 AM
Modified: May 17, 2007 11:31 AM
• Two cell phones and several items of computer equipment were reported stolen from Conversant Products, 3750 N.W. Cary Parkway Suite 112, between 6:30 and 8:25 p.m. May 10. An employee left the business about 6:30 p.m. and returned later that evening. When he returned the door was still locked but it appeared someone had been in all the offices and ransacked them. Another door appeared to have been pried open.
• Someone shattered the rear window of a vehicle on Halesworth Drive between 7 p.m. May 13 and 1 p.m. May 14. A computer was taken.
• Someone broke a window out of a 1988 Nissan pickup truck at Best Import Auto Sales, 1501 Buck Jones Road, between 4 a.m. May 13 and 4:05 p.m. May 14 in an apparent attempt to steal it.
• Someone broke out the driver’s window of a vehicle at Village Deli, 1361 Kildaire Farm Road, between 10:50 and 11:10 a.m. May 14. A purse containing a wallet, check card and credit card was taken.
• Appliances and light fixtures valued at a total of $2,500 were reported stolen from two homes under construction on Golden Harvest Loop between May 11 and May 14. There were no signs of forced entry.
• Six pairs of tennis shoes, a diamond earring, watch, two rings, a personal digital assistant, cell phone, Xbox, four Xbox games, 40 DVDs, a camera, computer and $500 cash were reported stolen from a home on Storm Court between 8:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. May 16. One of the victims said he had forgotten to lock the rear door.
• A purse, wallet, cell phone and assorted credit cards were reported taken from an unlocked vehicle on Autumngate Drive between 5 p.m. May 15 and 8 a.m. May 16.
• A Cary woman reported that she got a call from the Visa fraud department asking about purchases totalling $355.34 on May 11 and May 12 in Cary, Garner and Raleigh. The woman said she had not made the purchases.
• Cary Police have recently charged the following with driving while impaired: Martin Rodriguez Ramirez, 24, of 302 Tate St., charged about 4:05 p.m. May 16 at 1350 S.E. Maynard Road.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.